Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Multitude Monday: Unplanning

I am a planner.......maybe by nature, but mostly by necessity.  It would be nearly impossible for me to manage a family this size, without the detailed planning of our daily lives.  The work that goes into keeping everything running smoothly makes those unplanned moments, when we can get away with just our little girls, sooo much sweeter.
Last Sunday was one of those moments.  On our way home from church we decided on a whim to head down to the coast.  Ryan booked us a hotel on the beach, while the girls and I threw some things in a suitcase.  And off we went!  

Sharing the Unexpected Gifts of Unplanning today (99-124 in my Journey to 100 Gifts).

Provision for a little trip
Packing suitcases
Long, much needed conversation while the girls were occupied in the car
The smell of the ocean
The sound of the waves rushing to the shore

Contemplating my smallness and yet He still knows my EVERY thought
Trying new foods.....squid!
Praying for our country....MY country.......God shed your grace on thee.
Fireworks!
A hotel!
Fighting over the buttons in the elevator
Buffet breakfast
Searching and finding......seashells



Sandcastles

First splashes in the ocean

Sand between my toes

Watching them play.......feeling like my heart could burst......understanding how much He loves me



Summer treats


Spoons that are straws


Knowing he ate them the same way as a boy :).

When was the last time you left room for a little unplanning in your life?  I would love to hear about it.







0 comments:

Post a Comment