Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Extreme Life Makeover - Part 2: A Work In Progress

I am frustrated.  There seems to be a great distance between where I want to be and where I am.  A few weeks ago I announced to Ryan that I needed to do an "Extreme Makeover" on my life.  Of course he wanted to make sure I was keeping him around once the makeover was "complete" and I assured him I was.  I lovingly told him it would take too much time and energy to "train" another husband at this point in my life.  I had high hopes of using the next week or two at the most to overhaul the areas of my life that were making me the most crazy.  Then, of course, it would be smooth sailing after that.
It hasn't quite gone that way as you probably have already guessed.  As I type right now I have a long list of half finished things - the source of my frustration.  And I wonder if this isn't the way God intended our time on Earth to be.....

A constant frustration within us between the person we are and the finished product we will be when we meet our Creator.

A constant desire within us to "be something more" or "do something more" with this life we've been given.

A dissatisfaction with this life here on Earth, because this home is only temporary for us.

But today I will choose to be.....

Thankful for the soothing balm of grace that God applies to my heart for everyday in every way that I constantly fall short.

Diligent in keeping my "eye on the prize" and offering my life as an act of worship to My God.  

Focused on the things in this life that matter, which are not really "things" at all.

Aware that my life is a constant Work in Progress.  In the end God will take the good and the bad, the joyful and the stressful, the easy and the frustrating mold it all together and make something beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment