Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Paci Clip / Toy Clip Tutorial

Sadie~Ryan is 6 months old.  She is grabbing hold of everything within her reach.  Until her hands have a little more practice she is still at the stage where she frequently drops everything!  I knew we had lots of activities coming up where she would need to be occupied with toys and I didn't want to bring home EVERY germ we encountered!  So I literally whipped this out in about 20 min.  I am by NO MEANS a talented seamstress (that would be my sister's domain) and this is my first tutorial so here goes........

What you need:
1.  A piece of cotton fabric 
2.  A piece of ribbon 8 in long
3.  A piece of ribbon 12 in long
4.  A Badge clip (purchased at an office supply store)

Cut the fabric to 14 X 5.5 (10 X 5.5 for a paci clip)

Take the badge clip

and pull the plastic part off.

Feed the 8 in piece of ribbon through the hole in the clip.

Fold each side of the fabric evenly into the middle and iron in place.

Fold each end about 1/2 in and iron in place.

Fold the fabric in half and place the ribbon in between the two pieces.

Repeat with the other end and iron and pin everything in place.

Sew the perimeter of the fabric about 1/4 inch in.



I back stitched each end one time to reinforce it.





Ta-Da!


There is something very fulfilling about being able to make what I need with what I have on hand.......it's an added bonus that it turned out so cute!

A special thanks to my sewing photographer Abby :). Didn't she do great?


3 comments:

Christine Keith said...

What a photographer! Great job Abby!!!! Very cute Maggie :)

Lee, Gena, & Hunter said...

I think Abby's got some photography skills! I think I'll be making some of these to pass on! :)

Stephanie said...

I love this idea! We don't use pacifiers, but can definitely use this for toys.

I love making what we need too. :)
Following from iFellowship!

Post a Comment