Sunday, April 4, 2010

Journey to The Cross: He is Risen!



The Cross was messy.
Beatings, unimaginable torture, unbearable pain,
bodily fluids, dirt,
blood.
Nothing about it is comfortable
for me to think about.
Can you imagine watching it?
The truth is none of us in this day in America can imagine what that day was like.
Darkness.
Betrayal, anger, resentment,
accusations.
Separation.


The Cross was messy, but it got the job done.
It made a way
for us to The Father.
Light where there was darkness
Hope where there was none.
Completed.
Finished.
My debt,
paid in full.

As a Christ-follower I know my life will be messy.
I am sure of it.
There will be pain.
There will be darkness.
Maybe even anger, resentments and accusations.
"But narrow is the road that leads to life.." (Matthew 7:13)
And I intend walking that path with Him.  


Celebrate Today!
He is Risen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment