Monday, April 26, 2010

A week In The Life: Sunday Morning

Emmalie comes down at 4 am.....for the second time.
She says she had a bad dream.
She crawls in beside me.
I try to snuggle her up, but she's all arms and legs.
She snores softly as she falls asleep.
I wake him and he lifts her gently and returns her to her bed, hoping she will sleep a little longer.
My now empty arms exchange one baby for another.
Sadie~Ryan is all smiles as I lift her from her crib, nestled in the corner of our room.
Her smile is contagious even though I am half asleep.

My early birds are up.
After she nurses Sadie~Ryan plays quietly in the bed between us.
Abby comes in with a kiss and a question, "Can I make my own breakfast?  A bagel with Peanut Butter and a Cutie?"
"Sure", I say.
She has already let the dog out.

Sadie~Ryan watches me from her bouncer, while I am in the shower.
It's not her favorite idea.
They peek in one at a time to say, "Good Morning Mama."
He sleeps through it all.
I let the warm water run over me,
Just a few more minutes where no one needs me.
I say a quick prayer for His mercies and blessings
and I step out to face the day.

He's up.
We hug quietly in the closet.
Stealing a few moments just to ourselves.
The morning is a flutter of braids and bows, socks and shoes.
He makes their breakfast
and I put on the finishing touches.
We are purposeful to be on time
after all - the Lord is waiting.












Claira and I sit together for breakfast.
She is concerned about Emmalie's bad dream.
"Was it about the Green Eyed Monster?," she asks.
Then she wants to know if her eyes are "gorgeous and adorable".



We arrive on time,
everyone to their classes.
No tears today.
We worship together,
side by side.
It is the highlight of my week.


He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He intertwines his fingers with mine and I know I am meant to be here,
in this moment
with him.
and I am grateful the storms of life have made us stronger.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

For some reason, singing this song in church this past Sunday, I felt it so deep and so strong. It's almost as if I believed those words... I'm trying to...

Post a Comment